URI Foundation Student IT Support Services
The University of Rhode Island Foundation
Advancement Services, IT Support (Student Position)
The University of Rhode Island Foundation is looking for student support (10 hours per week) in the Advancement Services department to help with the maintenance of our desktop and network computing environment. This position will report to the Senior Information Technologist in Advancement Services.
- Helping users to reset user passwords (PC, email, other.)
- Work with staff to identify and resolve IT issues related to laptops, desktops, printers, etc.
- Assist with AV/presentation needs for staff meetings.
- Help with the installation on antivirus updates and systems patches(e.g., Window updates.)
- Participate in systems testing, as needed.
- Ability to make appointments, communicate with employees to understand their needs in accordance with issue severity.
- Diagnosing and/or installing hardware/software and solving technical issues either over the phone, via Web Help Desk, in person, or via remote access.
- Setting up new/used computers for new employees, student computer replacements, or for re-use.
- Assistance with moving, wiping, stripping or organizing current computer inventory for reuse or property disposal.
- Performs other special projects as needed.
Experience in the following would be helpful: Basic computer troubleshooting (hardware/software), some level of networking or network connectivity knowledge, knowledge in both Windows and Macintosh OS (Windows 10/OS High Sierra most current), network printer installation and configuration via web or device, Windows server 2008/2012 and/or active directory users and computers, computer peripherals, virus removal and/or computer clean up processes.
Excellent communication skills: the ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing. The ability to demonstrate leadership, take initiative, problem-solve, act independently and as a member of a team, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and prioritize. Good judgment, maturity, personal integrity, strong interpersonal skills, accuracy and attention to detail required.
Forward letter of interest and to:
Joseph Castaldi, Senior Information Technologist