2018 Information Technology Fall Co-op: Advanced Analytics
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science — bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Fall Co-op Program at Johnson & Johnson is a comprehensive learning and professional experience in the technology space at one of the world’s leading health care companies. This program works as a feeder pool to our Information Technology Leadership Development Program for full-time employment, which student employees will learn about, and will be able to pursue upon successfully completing the co-op and their degree program. Our co-op positions are usually for 6 months of part-time or full-time work between July and December.
The Health Technology Center is an innovative facility located in downtown Providence, Rhode Island focused on testing and building emerging digital technology in an Agile environment. Software development, user interface, analytics, and mobile application development teams work together on a wide variety of projects in a collaborative environment.
Advanced Analytics co-ops will have the opportunity to work with various aspects of Johnson & Johnson’s business collecting data, analyzing it, and applying machine learning techniques to derive insights for business partners. They will also help build analytical applications that work with large data sets.
Each co-op could expect to be responsible for the following roles and responsibilities:
• You will contribute individually and as a team member as part of an analytics team
• You will work towards goals and objectives developed in partnership with an experienced
• You will work within a group (in IT) that supports all functional areas of the business
Successful Fall Co-ops are required to:
• Have permanent work authorization in the US. We cannot consider students requiring future sponsorship.
• Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher, which is reflective of all college coursework.
• Be currently enrolled and pursuing a Bachelor’s degree. Preferred fields are Data Science, Statistics, Information Management/Technology, Computer Engineering/Science, Software Engineering/Development, or something equivalent.
• Have a passion for a career in technology.
• Students in their Sophomore year and higher are strongly preferred.
• Prior experience with statistics and/or computational programming is strongly preferred.
• Prior experience with R and/or Python is preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Primary Location United States-Rhode Island-Providence
Organization Johnson & Johnson (6067)
Job Function Business Relationship Management