University Computing Systems Seeks Student Web Developer
Job Title: Student Web Developer
Organization Name: University Computing Systems
Work Location: Surge Building on 210 Flagg Road
Work Schedule: up to 20 hours per week
Pay rate: Depending on skills. Graduate students will be paid at graduate rate.
Employment start Date: as soon as possible
Selected applicant will be involved in Web development and several other areas of web technologies, including
scripting, database development, content organization, and documentation. Specific tasks include:
- Review Web site projects, with an eye on how to best transmit ideas and functions through Web pages.
- Assist in coding scripts (both client-side and server-side) and creating database-driven Web projects, using standard cross-platform tools and technology (e.g., PHP and MySQL).
- Assist in documenting features, technical specifications for self-produced technical work and job processes.
- Assist in securing and troubleshooting codes and compatibility issues among different browsers and platforms.
- A strong knowledge of database design (e.g., MySQL) and how they interact with Web pages is also necessary as well as a strong aptitude for troubleshooting.
- Good coding and code documentation habits.
- Ability to learn project objectives, programming strategies, tags and functions and apply them with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Positive attitude, professionalism and desire to learn.
If interested, please email: email@example.com, Phone: (401) 874-4638.