The Haitian Project
Title: IT Coordinator
Reports to: VP of Communications
Location: North Kingstown, RI
The Haitian Project through its support of Louverture Cleary School, a tuition-free, Catholic, co-educational secondary boarding school in Haiti, provides for the education of academically talented and motivated students from Haitian families who cannot afford the cost of their children’s education in order to maximize their potential and enable them to work toward building a Haiti where justice and peace thrive.
The Haitian Project, Inc. (THP or the Project) seeks to fill the position of IT Coordinator. The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in a related field, be knowledgeable in information systems & technology and digital media, and possess problem-analysis and -solving skills, as well as initiative and follow-through.
The IT Coordinator reports directly to the Project’s Vice President of Communications and is primarily responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining the Project’s overall information technology function and digital footprint.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume and three references to:
THP Office of Personnel
PO Box 6891
Providence, RI 02940
1) Develop a comprehensive long-range plan for the Project’s IT function
2) Implement & manage information technology and computer systems
3) Install, configure & maintain office hardware, software and network, including licensing and updates/upgrades
4) Troubleshoot and resolve IT performance, connectivity and related issues
5) Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
6) Develop the Project’s database (SalesForce)
7) Perform maintenance activities (e.g. backups)
8) Provide technical support and training to Project staff
9) Evaluate and manage the interface between front end digital communications and back end data systems
10) Manage the Project’s digital platforms to include the website and associated integrations, SalesForce, etc.
11) Develop, coordinate and deploy the Project’s overall technology/digital media strategy
1) Bachelor’s degree in a related field
2) Broad knowledge of information systems & technology and digital media
3) Knowledge of the field’s concepts, principles and practices
4) Initiative; ability to schedule and monitor tasks
5) Ability to research, monitor information, report
6) Organizational, communication and follow-through skills
7) Problem-analysis and problem-solving skills
8) Commitment to the Project’s Mission
The IT Coordinator is a full-time position that is part of the Administrative Team of the Project. Salary is determined by
the President within the budgetary guidelines approved by the Board of Directors.