RI Medicaid Analyst Job Description
EOHHS is looking for an analyst who can generate data and reports, and interpret findings for Medicaid leadership and other senior team members. In addition to strong technical skills and the ability to pull together reports, the agency is looking for someone with a keen ability to analyze and interpret the data to inform decision making and add perspective to tasks. I.e. know what probing questions to ask, flesh out patterns and translate data into findings.
- Provide analytic support to Medicaid general operations and responses to legislative and other RI processes
- Provide analytic support to assess program performance; identify budget, enrollment and utilization trends; and opportunities to maximize program efficiencies
- Assist Medicaid leadership with identification of potential problematic fiscal, utilization or access trends
- Develop, review, and disseminate federal, state and programmatic reports. Examples of reports may include annual expenditure reports, legislative reports, and reports to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Perform other data and reporting tasks as requested by Medicaid leadership
- Report to the Director for Data and Analytics, Rhode Island Executive Office of Health and Human Services
Expertise in SQL
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, strong Excel skills a must
- Minimum of BA or BS in Mathematics, Economics, or related field
- 3+ years of experience working with health data or related analytics
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple work streams and analyses
- Experience cleaning and validating data
- Understanding of health care data and general health care landscape
- Knowledge of Tableau
- Thrive in an ever changing environment.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to learn and expand knowledge.
- Organizational skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Strong team player
This job is located in Cranston, RI