Programmer Needed. Partner Wanted.
I know programmers are getting inundated these days with start-up opportunities, and I know it’s very hard for you to decipher which ones are legitimate and which ones are not worth your time. So I’ll do my best to help you make the determination that we are one of the legitimate ones.
I sincerely believe we possess a great team and idea, and can offer a developer a very realistic chance at creating something very big, fun, challenging and profitable. But the totality and complexity of this idea can only truly be expressed in a face-to-face meeting (or maybe over the phone), so please contact me if you want to hear more.
This is what I think you should know:
1. Our current team consists of four very talented and dedicated individuals, who, until now, took on different career paths. We have a very diverse set of skills: marketing, sales, design, writing, business.
2. We don’t just have an idea – we’ve proven our idea. We have an existing company that has acted as our “proof of concept” and we are now ready to build the real thing and expand. Our current company was launched a year and a half ago and we have accomplished things that very few start-ups have. We’ve generated a profit from day one and we’ve gained the trusted business of over 150 local companies (with 96% renewing in year 2). Again, the details of this can be discussed privately.
3. This will be a challenging programming job, and I believe it’s one of the reasons no one has been successful in this field and it remains “untapped.” With our understanding of the industry, personal talents, and a devoted/skilled programmer, we will corner a market that is extremely lucrative.
4. We’re good guys. We work well with one another, our clients and developers. We understand what we’re good at and we understand what we need help with. We’re not looking for someone to take orders, we’re looking for a business partner / friend.
5. I firmly believe that if we put together a well rounded team, we will build one of the most popular and often-used websites in the world.
6. We have been offered funding, but we think we’d be selling ourselves short if we gave away pieces of the company before we proved more convincingly how profitable we can be.
We are looking for someone that is attracted to start-ups, but I know from experience that it needs to be the right time, as well as the right person. So, if you are reading this, and this seems like a great opportunity for you, I hope you are in a situation where you can devote your skills to a very big opportunity…or at least listen to our idea and decide if it is for you.
If you are in fact interested in joining a start-up and lending your skills to a great team and a very interesting challenge, then I’d love to talk to you. And yes, I think we are different than all the other “entrepreneurs” and “start-ups” that claim to have the “next big idea”…because we really do. Ha. Thanks for taking the time to read this.