GTECH Applications Admin Internship
Application Administrator – Intern will be responsible for performing the administrative work and allow the Engineers to concentrate on priority development work, transition new applications to the department, and/or participate in proof of concepts (i.e. CAST).
* First tier support (calls from Users or Super Users)
* User, Security/Permissions Management
* Application Availability, Continuity & Performance Monitoring
* Execution of Daily, Weekly, Monthly Standard Application Administration Procedures
* An IS or CS major (or minor).
* Willingness to learn.
* Ability to work independently.
* Comfortable using MS Windows, Word, Excel and text editors.
* Basic familiarity with Information Security and Application administration concepts.
* Familiarity with source code repository management. (esp CVS)
* Experience with application or OS administration. (creating user accounts, managing access rights, etc.)
* Understanding of HTML Web pages.
* Familiarity with Linux.
* Familiarity with Java and/or Perl.
Send cover letters and resumes to Sandra.Blaser@gtech.com.