Developer/Tech. Support Wanted
Designs, constructs, maintains and renovates internet web pages/sites and web-based database applications for University College. Acts as a technology consultant for UC staff; answering common computer questions and remedying hardware/software problems they may encounter.
- Perform routine site updates as requested (content, graphics, etc.).
- Create site/application enhancements as requested.
- Design and develop new site features and applications as requested.
- Troubleshoots technology related issues as they arise.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Candidate must have a strong web development background and be proficient with XHTML/HTML. Candidate will also possess strong problem solving skills, excellent communication skills, able to work well within schedules and deadlines and the ability to balance multiple projects/tasks by priority level. The candidate will be self-motivated and able to research and lean new techniques/technologies needed to complete assigned tasks.
The following is a list of skills and experience the position requires a candidate to understand/learn to be successful and efficient when completing common tasks:
- Experience using Photoshop to produce/edit graphics that are web-friendly.
- Experience utilizing Cascading Style Sheets*
- Flash (ActionScript)
- FTP operation
- Experience using Dreamweaver (or other site development tool)
- Experience writing SQL for MySQL Server*
- phpMyAdmin operation
- Understanding of relational database design
- Windows 2000/XP operation/troubleshooting and basic networking knowledge
- Microsoft Office
*Denotes a higher level of importance
To inquire, email Kim Washor, email@example.com
Room 130 Roosevelt Hall