Ascend Analytics Seeks Software Developer
Ascend Analytics is a nine year-old software development company that provides portfolio and risk management solutions for the energy industry. Our solutions are part of the “clean tech” energy revolution delivering core data and analytic infrastructure to risk managers, energy traders, and analysts.
Ascend Analytics software development is based in Piedmont, California, and headquartered in Boulder, Colorado. Ascend is regarded as a premier risk analytic application provider in the energy industry. Ascend provides a collaborative work culture involving frequent interaction with clients. Individual initiative and creativity are highly valued. If you’re interested in the opportunity to team up with some of the brightest and most talented minds in the industry, then check out this opportunity at Ascend Analytics. It is an inspiring place to work!
.NET Software Developer/Intern
We are looking for a talented entry-level software developer or intern interested in developing custom applications from the ground up. The ideal candidate would have familiarity with Oracle, VB.NET, C#.NET, and ASP.NET. Knowledge of multidimensional databases (specifically MS SQL Server Analysis Services) is a strong plus. Knowledge of SAS is also a plus. A solid educational background from a reputed institution is required.
We can offer flexible work hours with opportunities for domestic and international travel. This position reports to our Kingston, RI office. Excellent benefits available, including vacation, health plan, and a 401k plan.
Job Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Maintain an active role in every part of the software development life cycle
- Design/develop new and enhance/maintain current Windows based client and server applications and ASP.NET applications
- Interact with clients regarding custom product enhancements and product deployments
- Develop and maintain enterprise-wide web based data reporting tools that interface with relational and multidimensional databases
- Rapid response to urgent production level issues
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with distinguished academic credentials and a serious commitment to software development.
Must have skills/traits:
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- Problem Solver
- Pro-active self starter with excellent organizational skills
- Meticulous attention to details
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with windows forms, web development (C#, VB, ASP.NET)
- Oracle 11 and PL/SQL
- SQL Server Analysis Services
For more information, contact:
Keith L. Aubin, PhD
Sr. Director of Development
o: 303.415.1400 x1010