Alektorna Seeks Student Interns and Full-time Employees
Alektrona Corporation is seeking student interns and full-time employees. Alektrona is a technology start-up, based in Providence, creating hardware, firmware, and software solutions for securely and reliably connecting Smart Grid low power wireless networks to the Internet. By solving the communication complexity inherent in standards-based, heterogeneous manufacturer device systems, Alektrona enables the large scale metering, demand response, and efficiency applications that are essential to mitigate energy and climate change issues.
- High caliber student pursuing a Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science degree.
- Demonstrated experience and/or interest working with embedded systems.
- Has strong programming skills with the ability to learn new tools and languages. C and Python experience are a plus.
- Able to produce quality output based on specific written and/or verbal project requirements.
- Experience with Linux/Unix, TCP/IP communications, and ZigBee or other low power wireless sensor networks, hardware design a plus.
- Highly motivated and experienced (minimum 10-15 years) embedded systems expert.
- Demonstrated experience with TCP/IP communications.
- Demonstrated experience with implementing and debugging hardware drivers for a variety of systems.
- Experience specifying and implementing production server (non-embedded) applications highly desired.
- Experience with Embedded Linux, rolling kernels, and building root file systems highly desired.
- Experience with Python highly desired, Django a plus.
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and customers, work independently, produce high quality output, in a highly dynamic startup environment is required.
- Hardware design experience a plus.
For anyone interested, send questions and resumes to:
95 Hathaway Street, Suite 10
Providence, RI 02907
401 228 2964 w
401 714 2629 m