Office Tyler 258
Dept. of Computer Science and Statistics
9 Greenhouse Road, Suite 2
University of Rhode Island
Kingston, RI, 02881
Telephone (401) 874-2701
Fax (401) 874-4617
|1991||Ph.D.||University of Pennsylvania
|Computer and Information Science|
|1991 – Present||Professor||University of Rhode Island
Department of Computer Science and Statistics
|Kingston, Rhode Island|
|1998 – 2001||Chief Technical Officer||WebMachines, Inc.||North Kingstown, Rhode Island|
|1995 – Present||President||Real-Time Research||West Kingston, Rhode Island|
|1983 – 1986||Computational Design Engineer||General Electric, Inc.||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania|
|Founder and Director||URI Digital Forensics Program||Kingston, Rhode Island|
|Co-Lead||Distributed Real-Time Research Lab||Kingston, Rhode Island|
|Graduated Magna Cum Laude|
|1999||URI Golden Key Teaching Award|
|2001||Finalist URI Staff Excellence|
|1997 – Present||URI Honors Faculty|
- CSC101 – Computing Concepts
- CSC486 – Network Forensics
- CSC499 – Project in Computer Science
- CSC586 – Topics in Network Forensics
Real-time systems, distributed systems, real-time data distribution, real-time sensor networks, real-time middleware, quality of service, real-time databases, semantic concurrency control, object-oriented programming.
- Lisa, DiPippo, Fay-Wolfe, Victor, et. al. “Real-Time CORBA”. Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems. October, 2000.
- DiPippo, Lisa, Fay-Wolfe, Victor, Squadrito, Michael, et. al.. “The Affected Set Priority Ceiling Protocols for Concurrency Control in Real-Time Object-Oriented Systems”. The International Journal of Computer Systems Science and Engineering. July, 1999.
- Fay-Wolfe, Victor, Fortier, Paul, Prichard, JJ. “RTSQL: Extending the SQL Standard to Support Real-time Databases”. Computer Standards and Interfaces. January, 1997.
- DiPippo, Lisa, Fay-Wolfe, Victor. “Expressing and Enforcing Timing Constraints in a Dynamic Real-Time CORBA System”. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering. Jan – Feb, 1997.
- DiPippo, Lisa, Fay-Wolfe, Victor. “Object-Based Semantic Real-Time Concurrency Control with Bounded Imprecision”. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering. Jan – Feb, 1997.
- Fay-Wolfe, Victor, Thurasingham, Bhavani, et. al. “Real-Time Object-Oriented Systems for Military Command and Control”. IEEE Computer. February, 2000.
Selected Grants and Fundng
- “Real-Time Data Distribution in Asynchronous Network Communications (Real-Time Data DANCE)” for
$600,000 from National Science Foundation, 9/1/04 – 8/30/07. Lisa DiPippo and Timothy Henry.
- “Capacity Building: Computer and Network Forensics” for $300,000 from National Science Foundation, 7/1/04 – 6/30/07.
- “Real-Time Object-Oriented Databases for Distributed Environments” for $505,000 from Office of Naval Research, 2/1/96 – 9/30/99. Lisa DiPippo.
- “VbN Backbone High Speed Internet Connection” for $350,000 from National Science Foundation, 1998 – 2001.
Paul Gandel and others.
- “Distributed Real-Time Collaborative Services” for $200,000 from Office of Naval Research, 10/1/99 – 9/30/02. Lisa DiPippo.
- “Distributed Real-Time Combat Systems” for $300,000 from Office of Naval Research, 10/1/98 – 9/30/01. Lisa DiPippo.
- “Distributed Real-Time Data Replication in C2 and Combat Systems” for $950,000 from Office of Naval Research, 10/1/02 – 9/30/05. Lisa DiPippo.
- “Providing End-to-End Predictability through Prioritized Network Traffic” for $155,000 from Office of Naval Research, 10/1/02 – 9/30/05. Lisa DiPippo.
- “Distributed Scheduling Aspects for Time-Critical Targeting” for $482,562 from Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, 10/1/02 – 9/30/04. C. Gill (Washington University), L. Welch (Ohio University), D. Niehaus (University of Kansas).