Office Tyler Hall 247
Dept. of Computer Science and Statistics
9 Greenhouse Road, Suite 2
University of Rhode Island
Kingston, RI, 02881
Research Faculty at Digital Forensics and Cyber Security Center
Co-Founder of Virtual Immersive Biometry-enabled Environment Lab
|2009||Ph.D.||University of Michigan Ann Arbor, Michigan||Statistics|
|2005||M.S.||University of Michigan Ann Arbor, Michigan||Statistics|
|2004||M.S.||Belarusian State University Minsk, Belarus||Applied Math|
|2003||B.S.||Belarusian State University Minsk, Belarus||Computer Science|
|2009 – 2012||Posdoc and Lecturer|| Boston University
Department of Mathematics and Statistics
|2004 – 2009||Research and Teaching Assistant|| University of Michigan
Department of Statistics
|Ann Arbor, Michigan|
|2003 – 2004||Research Assistant||National Academy of Sciences of Belarus||Minsk, Belarus|
|2005||Statistical Intern||Statistical Analysis and Reporting||PFIZER Inc.|
|2004||Quality Assurance Engineer||Software Quality Department||Belhard Group|
|2003||Statistical Intern||Biostatistics Department||i3STATPROBE, Inc.|
- STA 307 – Biostatistics I
- STA 411 – Biostatistics II
- STA 441 – Introduction to Multivariate Statistical Learning
- STA 541 – Applied Multivariate Analysis
- STA 536 – Longitudinal Analysis
- STA 592 – Statistical Analysis of Network Data
Statistical Analysis and Inference of Multivariate and Network Data with applications to:
- Cyber Security: anomaly detection, analysis of threats and complex behaviors, infection models for different internet applications
- Virtual Reality: study of changing perspective and its effect on immersion
- Network Substance Use Prevention: new methods to improve HIV treatment and prevention among networks of people who use drugs
- Education: analysis of atudents’ attitudes and achievement in intro courses
- Finance: inference and characterization of multi-attribute networks, portfolio selection
- Oncology: joint modeling of time to recurrence and cancer stage at recurrence
- Signal Processing: optimal wireless sensor network (WSN) Design, multi-target detection, localization, tracking, and diagnostics with WSN
- Marchenko, O., Tsodikov, A., Keener,R., Katenka, N. , and Thomas, Y. (2017), “Joint Modeling of Time to Recurrence and Cancer Stage at Recurrence in Oncology Trials,” Journal of Biopharmaceutical Statistics, vol. 7, 1-15.
- Breard, G. and Katenka, N. (2016), “Inference of Partial Canonical Correlation Networks with Application to Stock Market Portfolio Selection,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM), Data Mining in Networks Workshop, IEEE Computer Society, 69-76.
- Chae, Y., Katenka, N., and DiPippo, L. (2016), “Adaptive Threshold Selection for Trust-based Detection Systems,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM), Data Mining for Cyber Security Workshop, IEEE Computer Society, 281-287.
- Adochite, R-C., Moshnikova, A., Golijanin, J., Andreev, O.A., Katenka, N., Reshetnyak, Y.K. (2016), “Comparative Study of Tumor Targeting and Biodistribution of pH (Low) Insertion Peptides (pHLIP Peptides) Conjugated with Different Fluorescent Dyes “, Molecular Imaging and Biology, World Molecular Imaging Society,1-11.
- Antosh, M., Wijesinghe, D., Shrestha, S., Lanou, R., Huang, Y., Hasselbacher, T., Fox, D., Neretti, N., Sun, S., Katenka, N., Cooper,L., Andreev, O., and Reshetnyak, Y. (2015), ”Enhancement of radiation effect on cancer cells by gold-pHLIP”, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS) of the United States of America, vol. 112, no.17, 5372-5376.
- Katenka, N., Levina, E., and Michailidis, G. (2013), ”Tracking Multiple Targets Using Binary Decisions from Wireless Sensor Networks,” the Journal of the American Statistical Association (JASA) Applications and Case Studies, vol. 108, 398–410.
- Katenka, N., Kolaczyk, E. (2012), ”Inference and Characterization of Multi-Attribute Networks with Application to Computational Biology,” Annals of Applied Statistics, 6(3), 1068-1094.
- Ding, Q., Katenka, N., Barford, P., Kolaczyk, E., and Crovella, M. (2012), ”Intrusion as (Anti)social Communication: Characterization and Detection,” in Proceedings of the 18th ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, Beijing, China, August 2012.
- Katenka, N., Levina, E., and Michailidis, G. (2008), ”Robust Target Localization from Binary Decisions in Wireless Sensor Networks,” Technometrics, 50(4), 448-461.
- Katenka, N., Levina, E., and Michailidis, G. (2008), ”Local Vote Decision Fusion for Target Detection in Wireless Sensor Networks,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, 56, 329-338.
- Katenka, N. (2015), Detection, Localization, and Tracking of a Single and Multiple Targets with Wireless Sensor Networks, in textitComputational Network Theory- Theoretical Foundations and Applications-Quantitative and Network Biology, edited by Dehmer M., Emmert-Streib F., Pickl S., Wiley-Blackwell.